Pawan Khera is a popular Indian politician, public speaker, and social activist. He is known for his association with the Indian National Congress (INC).
Pawan Khera Wiki/Biography
He was born on July 31, 1968, in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. He attended Delhi University for his education.
With a background in journalism, he initially worked as a journalist in the early 1980s before venturing into politics.
- Height: 173 cm (5′ 8″)
- Weight: 60 Kg
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Family, Caste & Marital Status
Pawan Khera’s personal life is characterized by his marital bond and family relationships. His father used to work with ex-prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
His mother is a homemaker.
He is married to Dr. Kota Neelima, an author and politician.
Unfortunately, Pawan lost his sister, Rupam Khera, to Covid-19 on May 22, 2021.
Before entering politics, Pawan Khera worked as a journalist in the early 1980s. This experience likely contributed to his effective communication skills, which later became a hallmark of his political career.
Pawan Khera’s political journey began when he joined the youth wing of the Indian National Congress (INC) in 1989. However, he temporarily left the party in 1991 following the tragic assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
His re-entry into politics occurred in the late 1990s when he became the personal secretary to Sheila Dikshit, the former Chief Minister of Delhi.
Over the years, Pawan Khera’s influence within the INC grew significantly.
He held key positions such as the national spokesperson of INC in 2021 and the chairman of the Media & Publicity Department of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) in 2022.
1. National Spokesperson: In 2021, Pawan Khera was appointed as the national spokesperson of the Indian National Congress (INC), where he represented the party in various media interactions and debates.
2. Chairman of Media & Publicity Department: In 2022, he was appointed as the chairman of the Media & Publicity Department of the All India Congress Committee (AICC), a role that further elevated his profile within the party.
Pawan Khera has not shied away from controversy during his political career.
Notably, in February 2023, he was detained by the Assam police for making remarks about Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a press conference.
He later apologized for his comments, citing confusion over the Prime Minister’s middle name.
|Favorite Food||Dal Baati|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Sri Devi|
|Favorite Color||Black and Red|
The net worth is around 10 crores. However, as a prominent politician and spokesperson, it is safe to assume that he earns a significant income.
1. He began his career as a journalist before entering politics.
2. He left the INC temporarily in 1991 following Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination but returned in 1998.
3. Pawan Khera has been an outspoken critic of the BJP and its policies.
4. His wife, Dr. Kota Neelima, also holds a prominent position in the INC.
5. You can also read the fellow political member biography of Nirmala Sitharaman.